11 December 2011

Here and There


Usually I post the pictures we take with our camera but when we are out and about I always have my I-phone and I like to take pictures of random things that appeal to my eye.  These are some of my favorites that I have recently taken with my phone.  The first few are from Kyoto and the rest are in and around Hachinohe. 

These cute fox are for sale at the temple, I guess you can write a wish and pray it comes true.
Temple cats. 
I like to take walks along the river.  I watch ducks and swans but on this night I watched a cat balancing on the tree limbs.
Since we don't have a vehicle here, Todd moved our new couch with a dolly.  We moved it from my office to our apartment, about 1 km. Now we have a western size couch! It was getting difficult for me to sit in the Japanese size furniture which is practically on the ground. It is nothing special but so much more comfortable.



Our Canadian friends, Oliver and Lindsay.  Saturday we went shopping at a mall in Morioka, about an hour south of Hachinohe. It was fun to go to Starbucks and Christmas shop. 

The Hachinohe fish market.  The four of us went to buy fresh fish (yes, you can buy whale.)  You can buy fish, have it filleted then cook it on a grill in a restaurant in the market.  Unfortunately after picking out our fish we realized the restaurant was closed.  We ended up going to Oliver and Lindsay's to grill and eat the fish. Very fresh and tasty!  That night we also watched a total lunar eclipse on the shores of Hachinohe.  It was a clear night, lots of stars in the sky and a snow covered beach.  It was beautiful but freezing!!
Squid for sale at the fish market.  They catch a lot of squid in Hachinohe. I am not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment