22 January 2012

Australian Adventure: Sydney

We arrived in Sydney on a bright, sunny New Year's Day.  We were able to take a train from the airport to our hotel, downtown.  We stayed within walking distance of the harbor which helped us make the most of our two and half days.  On the first day we walked around the harbor area taking lots of pictures of the opera house and the harbor bridge. 

People were walking up the bridge, on the curved part. We would have had to plan ahead if we wanted to do it.  I am not sure they'd let a pregnant women up there?















On the second day, we took a ferry to Manly.  We enjoyed great views of the city and surrounding areas from the boat.  The water was so blue and inviting we swam in a little cove and rented a paddle board for an hour.  It was our first time trying it.  I was surprised at how easy I was able to balance on it.  As you can see we were in really calm water. Now,  I can finally say I've tried it. 















That evening we had tickets to see the Fleet Foxes at the Opera House! I was blown away at how intimate the concert hall was, our tickets were on the second tier, middle. We had an awesome view of the stage. The sound was great and perfect for their sound.  It was an amazing way to experience the opera house and the band. A great memory every time I listen to them. 


On our last day, we didn't fly to Christchurch until the evening so we had plenty of time to spend the day at Bondi beach!! Wow, what a beach, with real waves and surfers!! Todd got in and tried body surfing while I sunbathed and splashed in the waves.  We also took a walk along the cliff to enjoy the ocean views.  I was tempted to swim laps at the icebreakers swimming pool.  How I would love to call that my neighborhood pool!














After a quick shop downtown, it was time to say good bye to Sydney.  Sydney was my favorite Australian city.  The harbor is so beautiful and the weather cooperated to give us some great summer experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment