14 July 2012

Saying Sayonara















In Japan saying goodbye means farewell parties and speeches. Last night the Hachinohe Board of Education held an enkai (drinking party) to say farewell to Renae, Joe and I.  I decided to mark the occasion by wearing my yukata, might as well get some more use out of it before it becomes a Halloween costume.



























I was given a farewell message from Mike and Paul, two other ALT's. They are both married to Japanese women who had and are expecting a baby.  They both said how much they respected me, being a foreigner and having a baby in Japan.  It was sweet.  Then I gave a speech in Japanese! One speech down two more to go. Next Friday I get to address the mayor.

ALT friends, Lindsay, Renae, and Alyssa. Sayonara Hachinohe (almost). 















No comments:

Post a Comment