01 November 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was determined and after hunting for the ingredients all weekend, last night I made a batch of real chocolate chip cookie dough!!
Todd and I spent time in the grocery isles trying to sound out the katakana for vanilla (banira バニラ). I especially had to hunt for baking soda, which I found in a foreign food store.  Then brown sugar, which I didn’t really find the American version but made it work.  In the end it all came together and I proved that I CAN bake in the oven/microwave/toaster appliance we inherited with the apartment. 
I mixed all of the ingredients and after a few spoonfuls of dough, Todd confirmed that it tasted pretty good.  Although he questioned why I would bake the dough, why not eat it raw? I happen to prefer the taste of a right-out-of-the oven baked cookie and milk.  And enjoy I did!  But not too many, I baked them for my birthday party! 

Speaking of birthday’s, today is my 33rd birthday.  I woke up earlier than my alarm (which is happening more regularly with a certain sense of urgency in my bladder) but today before my feet hit the ground, I felt an overwhelming excitement for this new year of life. I am excited for our upcoming travels, our little momo, becoming parents and returning home to our family and friends! Here’s to our year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment